This recipe is from the Honestly Healthy Cleanse cookbook which I LOVE. The original recipe uses broccoli pesto and cashew cheese but I sub these for a different pesto and some hummus. Apart from being DELICIOUS it also looks amazing!
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- rocket/basil pesto
- handful of rocket
- 1 large vine tomato, sliced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 7 flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- cashew cheese (or hummus type dip)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp unflavoured coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees
- Carefully cut the stalks off the mushrooms and massage the oil into the caps. Place them on a baking tray, with the gills facing up and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn them over and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- To serve, put a mushroom cap on a plate, add a ‘dollop’! of the pesto, then some rocket and a slice of tomato along with some spring onion and parsley. Place another mushroom cap on the plate and spread some cashew cheese on it, then sit it on top of the vegetables to form the top half of ‘bun’. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to make it look like a real burger 🙂