Serves 2 as a side dish
- 1 cup of quinoa
- ½ cauliflower
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 2 tbsp of pine nuts (toasted)
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 shallots
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp flavourless coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
Seasoning for cauliflower
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp of garam masala
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 twists of black pepper
- Cook quinoa.
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces and put on a baking tray. In a small cup mix the oil with the spices. Stir well and then pour over cauliflower and massage in so it is all covered.
Cook in the oven on 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Add the pine nuts to a dry frying pan and toast until golden brown.
- Chop garlic and shallot and fry in the coconut oil. Add the quinoa, raisins, pine nuts, grated carrot and cauliflower. Cook for 1 minute.
- Taste to check seasoning and serve.
If you are short on time this dish works well for 2 meals so make double and have for lunch or dinner the next day too 🙂